1) What’s the best-kept secret about the new HQ?
We are now mixing it with the top venues in the world production wise, our Vision system is years ahead of any other club in Australia, and our Audio and Lighting setup is phenomenal. It’s something you have to experience, words can’t do it justice.
2) What’s your favorite area of the club to be in when you’re not playing?
I’m always playing… No rest for the wicked! But when I do manage to slink away, it’s definitely “Bar Isaac” next to the Secret Garden.
3) What international or interstate guest would you love to support at HQ?
Sub Focus or Mauro Picotto for sure. Both incredibly intense artists.
4) If HQ were to name a cocktail after you what would it be called?
“ADD” 3 orange Beroccas in a pint of Roaring Lion
5) Out of all the video’s on your computer, which one never fails to blow the floor away?
Probably the strobing neon mess. Kinda hard to describe, lots of flashing colour. It’s a great “get out of jail free card” for when I don’t know what to play.
6) What’s the most bizarre request you’ve had?
“Hey mate, can you play some “Guns N Roses”… yeah totally mate… I’ll just put it on my invisible turntables…
7) Funniest thing that’s happened to your while on stage?
We’d just spotted and focused the cameras on a girl that was dancing on one of the podiums, when she saw herself on the screens she got so excited she stacked it and we had to cut the footage before a VERY non PG13 rated image went live.
8) What’s one item you never leave home without when heading to a gig?
Farmers Union Iced Coffee.
9) If you could put on a festival what would you call it?
Psynesthesia – play on words between Psy-trance and Synesthesia. Everything audio would have a video counterpart.
10) If you could change one thing about the dance scene what would it be?
Make it compulsory for politicians to attend festivals and club nights before they can be elected into government, so they can finally realize that the club kids are not the same as their generic stereotype that they formulate their irrational knee-jerk legislation around. Plus I’m sure they would have some amazing old school dance moves.